13 January 2009

Everything is Done!

I have been told that I don't keep up my blog. Well, it is difficult with 3 busy children!
But I should state that we have reached a completion point!

On Nov 14 we received Denekew's Certificate of Citizenship in the mail. My mother was over when it came and I had to sign for it. I instantly knew what it was and at my excitement she was curious. I told her as I tore it open. She and I both cried at the look of this amazing formal document stating that my son, born in Ethiopia, is now an American citizen with all the rights and privileges that entitles him to. Wow!

On Dec 30 We had our last post-adoption home visit EVER with our social worker. From now on we will put together our own anual post-adoption reports until Denekew is 18.

On Jan 2 I went to the Social Security office and filed an application for Denekew to get a social security number. For once it was short, easy, and BEST of all FREE! The entire time I spent in the social security office, from walking-in to walking-out, was only 15 minutes total and the application was only a half page to fill out and the documents I needed to bring with me I had readily available. (Although I do have every imaginable document by now!)

On Jan 12 We recieved Denekew's social security number and are now all set to claim him on our taxes for 2008. And get him a passport for whenever we want to drive up to Canada for a little trip!

1 comment:

JonesEthiopia said...

Yay! That's awesome. We will need to get the Certificate of Citizenship for R, but we actually just got her SS card in the mail I think 3 days ago! We miss you guys!
Love,
M